“To be the preferred financial service provider within our common bond, through professional management, automation and technology and continue to protect members’ savings through sound governance and secure policies while maintaining the Credit Union ethos of not for profit but for service.”
Blanchardstown & District Credit Union was established in 1970 by the people of our community. Since its formation, we have grown in size and number, making a real difference to the lives of thousands of our members across Blanchardstown and the wider Dublin 15 area (our common bond). We offer financial peace of mind, a friendly team and a warm welcome.
Our promise to all our existing and prospective members is to continue to support you at every stage of your life and for all your evolving financial needs. We also play a role in our shared community as a champion and sponsor of our local clubs, groups and societies, all working for the betterment of our collective community.
Our mission is to promote financial well-being for our members. We have an aspiration to be a holistic provider of financial services to our members in Blanchardstown.To achieve this purpose we are committed to providing a broad range of innovative financial products supported by the excellent service from our dedicated team. These programs will be administered in accordance with sound management practices to maintain the financial strength of the Credit Union, while always staying true to our mission.
The Credit Union is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, elected by and from the Credit Union’s membership at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The Board of Directors, Management and Staff hereby affirm that the efforts of the Credit Union will be consistently and professionally dedicated to the accomplishment of our mission. We take great pride in our work, and in making sure that our members’ needs are met in the best way possible. We are transparent and open in everything we do.
It is a completely different experience from my previous credit union. Your premises are bright and I am always greeted with a big smile and friendly welcome. Every effort was made to accommodate my request. I was impressed with the professional and friendly manner I was treated with.
Credit Union Difference - “not for profit”
- We are a strong, local financial partner of choice for anyone living, working or studying within our common bond (Dublin 15).
- We exists to help people, not to make a profit.
- It is an economic democracy with each member having equal ownership and one vote, regardless of how much a member may have in shares.
- There are no hidden fees or account charges unlike many of the for-profit financial institutions.
- Our goal is to serve all our members well, at every age and stage of their lives.
- We will be there for you during the good times as well as the more challenging ones.
- We support our community through sponsorship and donations.
- We do not issue shares or pay earnings to outside stockholders. Instead, earnings are returned to members in the form of a dividend (interest) or an interest rebate.
- We work to empower our members to achieve financial wellbeing & financial peace of mind.