Blanchardstown & District Credit Union
9/10 Blanchardstown Business Centre, Clonsilla Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, D15 FP92
Lending & Business Development Officer
Reporting to: Head of Lending and Operations
Contract Status: Permanent Full Time
Summary Objectives of the Role:
Reporting directly to the Head of Lending and Operations’ main responsibility will be to provide operational support to the lending team and support the development and growth of the Credit Union’s lending business levels in a manner which is consistent with Blanchardstown & District Credit Union’s (BDCU) strategic objections. They will implement effective lending and business development decisions and plans under the guidance and directions of the Head of Lending & Operations. Then Lending and Business Development Officer will be responsible for ensuring credit risks in the lending portfolio are identified and assessed then managed and mitigated to an acceptable tolerance level as set out by the Board of Directors.
- Provide day-to-day support and direction to the Lending Team
- Liaising closely with the Marketing and Communications Officer to ensure that the workflow is properly allocated and managed
- Manage the flow of day-to-day operations within the Lending Team
- Identify training needs for the lending team and ensure required CPD hours are completed
- Seek member and staff feedback and make recommendations for lending process improvement
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and other periodic reports detailing lending activities and key performance indicators, identifying variances between outcomes and targets and recommending strategies for improvement.
- Work with the lending team to achieve KPIs
- Ensure adherence with SLA’S
- In conjunction with the Head of Lending and Operations participate in the review of lending policy, process and procedures
- Manage BCU`s relationship with CCR, CUFA and other external agencies, and internal stakeholders, attend meetings and report on assigned areas of responsibility as required.
- Monitor & measure quantitative and qualitative team member performance
- In conjunction with the Head of Lending & Operations oversee the induction and training of all new staff into the lending department
- Assist in the performance appraisal system and review of pay performance indicators/metrics for lending staff
- Liaise with the Head of Lending and Operations regarding the weekly office plan and staff leave and collaborate with the Membership Relationship Manager to ensure sufficient staff resources are in place to meet the demands of the business
- Work closely with the Head of Lending and Operations to develop and improve the strategic direction of the lending function
- Attend Credit Committee and present cases when requested
- Liaise with the Head of Lending and Operations and in collaboration with the Marketing function to co ordinate promotional campaigns.
- Participate in the development of new innovative ways to communicate the company message to grow the business.
- Participate in networking initiatives with a range of stakeholders including members, colleagues, suppliers & partner organisations.
- Develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers with whom the Credit Union can partner to further develop new products and services
- Assist in monitoring business and financial performance and feedback to relevant parties
- Assist in developing and providing the management information required to support corporate management and business sector management.
- Assist in the development of sales opportunities for relevant new financial services and the promotion of financial services to members.
- Conducting market research under the direction of the Head of Lending and Operation, for example using member questionnaires and focus groups
- Assist with scheduled member events such as the Annual General Meeting, Credit Unions Days, Member Open Days and Evenings and the Annual School Quiz or other events.
- Contribute to new reporting metrics to improve management information which leads to better management
- Contribute to the development of a culture conductive to the establishment & maintenance of good employee morale.
- Contribute to Business Development training for all Operations staff to ensure frontline promotion is optimised.
Candidates should have:
- Minimum three years’ lending experience at a leadership or other senior level, ideally including business, housing, community and personal lending
- QFA or working towards achieving QFA and up-to-date CPD
- A track record of responsible lending driven by a combination of competence, personal ethics and integrity
- Excellent team management and motivational skills
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- A genuine focus on members, with an emphasis on service quality
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the cooperative idea
How to apply:
Please apply by 25th May 2023 by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “BDCU Lending & Business Development Officer ”.
Remuneration will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. Blanchardstown Credit Union’s Data Privacy Statement can be accessed at www.blanchardstowncu.ie/privacy-policy/.
Blanchardstown and District Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.