Chief Executive Officer – Blanchardstown and District Credit Union Limited (BDCU)
Blanchardstown and District Credit Union wishes to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for all aspects of the management, operations and compliance of the credit union and plays a pivotal role in its development. Our new CEO will join a talented and valued team at a time of strong growth as we continue the roll-out of new services and deliver on our commitment to service quality.
- Assist and support the Board in the development of the credit union’s strategic plan and commit to its successful implementation
- Ensure full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements including risk, data protection, AML/CFT, employment law and health and safety
- Manage the performance of Blanchardstown and District Credit Union to maximise the quality of service to members and ensure strong financial returns
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to the Board on financial performance and progress in the implementation of the strategic plan
- Develop the credit union’s vital assets, including its IT and digital platforms
- Assist the Board in formulating and reviewing the credit union’s policy framework
- Agree and manage performance and development standards for the staff team
- Support the Board of Directors and Committee members in their Governance roles
- Manage key external relationships and represent BDCU with regulatory authorities, service providers, industry bodies, other credit unions and our local community
Candidates should have:
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the co-operative idea
- A genuine focus on members, with emphasis on delivery and service quality
- Previous experience in a similar or comparable role – 3 years or more, ideally
- Underwriting skills and experience, preferably encompassing SME and Housing loans
- Qualification in credit, risk, finance, accounting, business, or other relevant field(s)
- Excellent team leadership and motivational skills and a commitment to supporting colleagues in reaching their full potential
- Demonstrated capabilities in business improvement and managing growth and change
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- The personal integrity, competence and financial soundness appropriate for this senior role, which is subject to pre-approval by the Central Bank under the Fitness and Probity regime
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and CV in confidence, quoting reference BDCU CEO by email to email@example.com to arrive on or before Friday 29th October 2021. A copy of our Recruitment Privacy Notice is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org Short-listing will apply, based on the information provided in the application. Canvassing will disqualify. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Blanchardstown and District Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.